Hello world!

Before we dive into mysteries of PowerPC world, let me introduce myself.  My name is Martin, but they call me Logout on the Internet for more than 15 years. I live in Prague, capital of Czech Republic and this is what I use:

PowerMac G5 - DVD drive
 PowerMac G5
  • dual PowerPC 970 (2.2) @ 2.0GHz
  • 4GB DDR SDRAM
  • 2x320GB SATA HDD
  • Radeon 9800Pro
  • DVD-RW/RAM with Lightscribe
  • Airport Extreme card

I am into retrocomputing and alternative computing platforms for quite a long time, so this PowerMac is not my only PowerPC machine, as you can see in my computer collection list. Although my G5 is since january 2012 coupled with an Intel iMac, I still consider it my primary machine and use iMac mostly as multimedia player and for web browsing.

On this blog I would like to write about PowerPC (news, experiences), but not just from the Mac / Mac OS X point of view. I am fan of opensource unix clones (GNU/Linux, *BSD) and I even have PowerPC-based workstation made by IBM, so some posts will be targeted to these platforms. Do not expect posts on daily basis, I have couple of other places to write on (gopherlog, my czech blog) and this blog is here mostly as supplement to the site viva PowerPC. I hope you will enjoy it here.
Written by Logout | Thursday, October 18, 2012 | Permanent link | Comments: 0